Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

African Rescue: chp. 4

Dash left, and he kept looking back at me.
That made me more scared.
I turned back to the tent and went inside it.
Bruno looked at me. "Ya kind little girl, Lilla". I smiled a little.
He squated near me and whispered, "I saw ye horse, Lilla. I know ya wanna go back with him. And ya can, once ya give me the water". I was horrified, and I knew he wanted to let me go right this instant. "Why do you have to listen to your boss? Cant you run away?" I asked. He looked me, with a look that showed he was suprised he hadn't thought of that himself. He stared at the ground, then at me. "Yes. Yes I could. But he might kill me. Are ya living in Africa?". I shook my head, because I knew we were getting somewhere.
"Well, I dont know if ya horse and ya mom trust me after the note and the way ya looked at Dash" he said. I stared at him, shocked he knew my horse's name.
"H-h-" I began, open-mouthed.
"How do I know?" he chuckled and looked away for a moment. "Heck I know! I not a freak name' Bruce Lee! Lilla Puffin, I ya secon cuz, Rylie Donhull".
I stared at him, and he took his hat off.
Then, I recognized him. He ripped his short fake beard off. He smiled, and laughed. I hugged him, tears down my face. I had always loved Rylie, until someone took him away. But I had found him, and he threatend me. I couldn't believe this; I was so happy he wasn't a stranger. He let go of me, and put his disguise back on. "Listen Lilly" he smiled, he knew I would smile too that he could speek English, he was from America too, "I was captured by a cruel, and terrible man named Sean Buck, and he has other men too. He was the one who put Marshy to sleep. Hes awake now, and he doesnt know where he is either. I will get him, and tell Sean I'm going to take him with me, and tomorrow mornin' you will awake with me, Marshy, and my horse, Thunder". I nodded. "You can go now" he whispered.
I ran out of the tent, so relieved and happy.
But I stopped.
Dash wasn't there I remembered, I sent him away. Rylie came out of the tent chuckling quietly. I turned to him, and he whistled loudly. I heard a rumble, and a horse came. It was a pinto, except it was all white was lots of black. I jumped on the horse, and asked Rylie if it was a boy or girl, and what its name was. He said it's name was Streak, because of the big and black crooked streak on the side. And he said it was a girl. I smiled, and took off. Streak was fast, and I got to my hut soon. Dash, Sprinkle, and my mom were there. And my mom had just finished reading the note when she noticed me on Streak, tears were in her eyes and she ran to hug me and Streak.

0 comments: