Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

African Rescue: chp.2

Dash and I kept running for a while until I sighed, happily.
My mom and her horse, Sprinkle (her coat looks like a donut with black and brown sprinkles; thats how she got her name) were leaning over a puddle while my mom was dabbing Sprinkle's skin with a paper towel; she got a huge cut. Dash knocked me off and trotted over to Sprinkle. I got off the sand/dirt and whiped it off my skirt and said, "Mom! What happened to her!". "I dropped a sword and Sprinkle trotted in, put the sword was leaning against something and it was pointing straight up crooked, and she came and it went up her leg a little. But shes fine now" Leah (my mom) said, now wrapping a white cloth around the wound. "Mom, when are we gonna go see Marshy? You know, Jacob Marshall Pint!" I asked, eager. Marshy was Marshall's nickname. Marshy was an american who married a African woman, Lemia (Luh-my-uh) Shindig and she was a person who always came to his store which had PLENTY of water; until people started spreading the word. 'The African's Pub' (thats what his store/restraunt is called) was very popular until he ran out of water.
And there was no water left in Africa.
Lemia had no other water; she lived far away and came to The Africans Pub for herself and her children; Lamalla and Coca. But then Coca died. And Lamalla was killed. Lemia is ill now, but Marshall always took care of her, and he was a funny and gentle man. Thats why I was dying to see Marshy, and his really nice wife. "Hm, maybe you could stop by and start giving him the water Lilly, since thats the reason we came here" Leah said, getting up. Sprinkle whined, but got up with her. She was good as new, and Dash came over, obviously guilty he bucked her off. I stroked his nose, smiling. I got on him and went to the hut, and came back with water.

I started to scream. The scene of The Africans Pub was like no other I had ever seen. Lemia was on the ground, and smoke was going around her as she coughed hard. The Pub was on fire.
People had guns and started to shoot everywhere, and three men came out with Marshall, who looked like he was dead and his head was hung low. One of the men poked another one, who looked up at me. Then all of them were staring at the waters I was holding. Then something stabbed me, and everything went black. But then I woke up, not in my hut, not at The African's Pub, but in a strange place.

0 comments: