Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

African Rescue: chp.3

There was a man who looked guilty in the little place. He stared at me, shivering.
He whispered something in a different language to me, but then waited. Then he spoke French, which I knew, because I was part french. I translated it, and he had said, "I am very sorry little girl, I was sent to get you". I replied by saying in French, "What am I doing here here? Who are you? Where am I?".
"I am Bruno Lee Molli. I was sent to take you here because you have water. Water is very rare in Africa, dont you know that little girl? You are far away from your home, but I am eager to take you back. I wasn't born to be this kind of person".
I didn't speak. I didn't know if I could trust Bruno. "Do you speak English?" I asked (in French, we were both communicating in French). He nodded. "Yes, ee little" Bruno said, crowching down. "What is yee name little girl?". I was happy that he was speaking in English now. "Lilly".
"Well then, Lilla. Is it ok if I call you Lilla? I cannot speek Englisho eree good" Bruno said, hopefully. I nodded. "Ok, Lilla. If you give me 500 bottles e water, I shall set ya free" Bruno said. I could tell he didn't want to do this at all. I was scared. I heard a neigh outside.
Dash.
"May I go to the bathroom?" I asked, hopefull, but scared.
Bruno nodded; apparently he trusted me.
I went outside the tent, and saw Dash. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't run away because Bruno would hurt me. So I thinked quickly, because I found a pen on the sand and grabbed a huge leaf; leaves in Africa were like 10-13 feet long. I wrote quickly and messy;



Dear Mom,
I am trapped at a tent far away from home. This man tells me he does not want to take 500 bottles of water from us, but he has too. If I am tricked and killed, I will be dissapointed in heaven and you may call me your 'Foolish Little Rascal'. I hope to see you soon. Dash came, I dont know how he found me.
~Lilly

I tucked the message in Dash's saddle.
A tear came down my eye; I hoped I would see my horse again.

0 comments: