Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

African Rescue: chp. 5

I went to sleep thinking of Riley and Thunder.
I had told my mom everything, and she allowed me to sleep with Dash in the Barnhouse (half barn half house, there was a table in the middle, cabinets up on the wall, and hay and food everywhere. There was a little stable in the back for 5 horses, and a bed. I slept on the bed, and Dash slept in one of the stables).
I went to sleep dreaming about Riley, and if he was caught.
But Dash made me go to sleep.

"Lilly?".
"AH!" I jumped out my bed, and I saw Riley and Thunder. "RILEY! THUNDER!". Thunder neighed, and I knew he was happy. "What is all this ruckus?!" said my mom coming rubbing her eyes. She stopped, and she stared at Riley, who pulled off his fake beard and hat. "Riley Donhull? Is that you?" she said, shocked, although she knew he was coming. Riley nodded, smiling. "Oh lord" she breathed. Riley went to hug her, and Sprinkles trotted over to Thunder, sniffing him all over. Thunder reared up, and Sprinkles ran around him. Riley, Leah, and me laughed. "Riley? You 'orgot 'bout ma!" said a voice around the corner of the barn, outside. "Oh!" Riley said running out. He came back a few seconds later with Marshall. "Marshy!" I cried and hugged him, Marshall fell down on the hay when I jumped on him, but he laughed. We stopped and listened at the camal moaning far away. I smiled and said, "Marshy? Is that Sandy moaning?".
Marshy had lots of camals, but the nicest, sweetest, and fastest (although camals aren't fast) one was Sandy, which Marshy had found lying almost dead near a dried out river. Marshy had come and saved her, and now Sandy loved Marshy. He nodded, smiling. I hugged him. I got up and ran toward Sprinkle, who was lying down and Thunder was standing half over her. I smiled again, and ran to Dash. I hoped I would see him again, because we leave tomorrow.
And tomorrow came.
But Marshy was found dead in the Barnhouse.

10 LONG AND HARD YEARS LATER

I sat in my rocking chair, watching the horses roam on my land.
Well not just my land, Riley's land too. Riley was 10 years older than me, but he still loved me.
And so we lived on a farm, with Dash, Thunder, and Sprinkle.
Additionally, with 6 other horses.
Sprinkle and Thunder had a baby, and there was a star on her forehead. So we named her Star. Then Riley came home with a horse the same age as Dash, and her name was Frosting, because her skin was smooth and she was all white.
Frosting and Dash had two horses, twin boys named Copper and Patriot.
I bought three bronze show-horses named Candle, Pixy, and Dust.
That made 6.
I smiled, now that I was 22 I was an amazing horseback rider and I ran to get on old Dash. He was getting slow now, until one day, he died.
I cried my heart out.
It made me sick to look at Copper, Patriot, and Frosting.
I cried for the rest of my life.

THE END


0 comments: