Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Scream (chp. 2)

CHAPTER 2
WHO CHARLIE IS, WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM

I immeditaly awoke to Charlie kissing me.
"Charlie, are you trying to tell me something?" I said, pulling him away from me. He nodded and said, "Before I say, you must not tell anyone, and this is only at night, dawn, and morning". He started kissing me again. I couldnt help it. He sat on the bench, and put me on his shoulders. He turned his face up and said, "Do you believe......... in ghosts?". My jaw didn't drop. I wasn't surprised. I always knew he was something. "I do now" I said. He smiled, "Well good! Cause I am one, you surprised, scared, anythin' like that?". I shook my head. "Tell me everything, Charlie the Ghost" I said smiling. He put me down next to him, and lay my head on him.
"Well, my name was Drake................." he began, I cut him off and said, "You dont look like a Drake".
"I know" he smiled and continued, "............ Drake Jonah White. I was in high school, and then robbers came and shot me. Just like, Taylor. But there was 5 of them. One killed me, my best friend, Jack, and my cousin, Lilly. We all died, left, but then I wanted to come back. So I did, and here I am. With my girl. But that didn't mean I could just rise from the dead and be myself, it was either stay in heaven, or find someone like you and live my life the way I wanted to. I had to tell you eventually, right?". I was surprised, I thought it was my imagination, but it wasn't. "But why cant my hand go through you?" I asked, pushing my hand on him. "Well, I can make myself like that, but I dont want people doing it. Makes me feel......... not like you guys. But of course, I'm not" Charlie replied, staring at the moon. "My life is full of death, isn't it?" I sighed. Charlie laughed. "Yeah, it is". "Umm, Charlie? Can you........" I began. I was sure he knew what I was going to say. He laughed again and said, "Yes, I can fly, sort of". So he put me on his back. Soon I fell asleep; this time in a different place. Not my bedroom. Not the attic. But in the air.

0 comments: